Rapide road bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Rapide is the road bike range sold by Ridgeback.
http://www.rapidebikes.co.uk/about
Wife has just bought an RL 2 model - alloy frame, Sora, carbon forks - as a first road bike / winter bike. 2015 model discounted to a very good price.

IMG_20151024_122542.jpg

Anyone else own one?
Thoughts and reviews appreciated.

Last edited:

Aunty Tyke

Rapide is the road bike range sold by Ridgeback.
http://www.rapidebikes.co.uk/about
Wife has just bought an RL 2 model - alloy frame, Sora, carbon forks - as a first road bike / winter bike. 2015 model discounted to a very good price.

View attachment 107937

Anyone else own one?
Thoughts and reviews appreciated.
My work colleague,she loves it,but not the saddle!

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
My wife is still undecided about the OE saddle. Just got back from
a 20 mile ride and she's umming and aahing about it.

Benjaminheat

Hello, I know this conversation is very old but I'm thinking of buying a Rapide bike for my wife who is 5ft 7 and has an inside leg of 30inch. I would like to know the size of the bike pictured if possible and how tall the rider is, there do not seem to be any height charts for Rapide bikes. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks Ben

Last edited by a moderator:

vickster

Legendary Member
Hello, I know this conversation is very old but I'm thinking of buying a Rapide bike for my wife who is 5ft 7 and has an inside leg of 30inch. I would like to know the size of the bike pictured if possible and how tall the rider is, there do not seem to be any height charts for Rapide bikes. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks Ben
Why not ask the dealer's advice on sizing and let your wife get a test ride :okay:

Benjaminheat

Thanks for the reply, the dealers are not too helpful on sizing, having contacted them, and there is nowhere local that has bikes made up and ready to test. I would have liked to know the size of the bike at the start of the conversation and the rider height to give a better idea of sizing.
Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks for the reply, the dealers are not too helpful on sizing, having contacted them, and there is nowhere local that has bikes made up and ready to test. I would have liked to know the size of the bike at the start of the conversation and the rider height to give a better idea of sizing.
Thanks
Why not contact Ridgeback direct and ask :smile:

http://www.ridgeback.co.uk/contact

5'7 probably looking at a 52cm TT I would think

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Here's their website.http://www.rapidebikes.co.uk/bikes Frame geometry is there after details of each model. I understand that Ridgeback has discontinued the brand. I bought an RL3 frame to replace my Ribble winter frame, and I'm very happy with it, much better fit for me with quite a steeply sloping top tube, shorter than the Ribble TT too. Impressively chunky down tube, and very well finished - its been mistaken for a carbon frame more than once! However I don't think its the same as the RL3 on the website - mine has hidden cables for example.
Edit - think its the same as the white RL2 frame in the OP. AS I understand it the RL1, 2, and 3 frames were all the same, the finishing kit determined the # number. Mine is an XS - 48cm from BB centre to top of seat post clamp.
I think the bike shown may be an XXS, but could be an XS - hard to be certain - BTW I'm 5'5", 78cm inside leg (crotch to floor) and have 21.5 cm to the top of my saddle above the seatpost clamp.

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Here is my RL3 frame - I reckon the OP white one is the same size - an XS. (Note all the kit on it came from my Ribble donor bike).

p1010029-jpg.jpg

Wilberforce

I got one in 2016, enjoyed riding it but haven't recently. I must get out on it again before I sell it.

Attachments

• IMG_20170408_095801.jpg
    IMG_20170408_095801.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20170408_100030.jpg
    IMG_20170408_100030.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom