Raynaulds.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BromptonChrispy

I’m r e a l l y starting to get grief from my fingers now with hereditary Raynaulds. Tried all the glove combinations and riding less in the cold but has anybody come up with windshields for DROP bars? I’ve seen a few on stateside sites but little in the UK. Before I venture down the homemade route, anyone any (constructive) solutions.

Cheers, Crisp.

roadrash

cycle chatterer

Last edited:

andrew_s

Legendary Member
For drop bars, you are pretty much limited to the Giyo or Rock Bros ones on @roadrash's link or the original (more choice, better, and considerably more expensive) Bar Mitts. Both limit you to the lever hoods unless you take your hand out into the cold.

There's much more choice for flat bars

There have been attempts at a rigid wind deflector for bikes - eg Breezeblockers Aeroblades, or Dribarz (failed kickstarter)

Last edited:
OP
OP
BromptonChrispy

BromptonChrispy

HURRAH and indeed, HUZZAH! Thanks SO much to you all for this.
I did find some of the non-starter rigid types online and Giyo sort in USA. When I buy them ( 5 seconds after I finish typing this!) the weather will of course change to a bone-dry and delightful 18 Celsius for the next 10 months........... Thanks again you delightful people!

gbb

Legendary Member
While I dont get Reynauds, I do suffer at the extremities from the cold, anything below 6 degrees and it hurts.
I tried so many combinations, including lobsters that helped, but not a great deal, was keep your legs and arms warm, keep the blood feeding the extremeties warm. It all helps a little.

Top Bottom