Re-introducing RandoChap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randochap

Senior hunter
Gee, since my profile now says I'm a "new member," I'd better re-introduce myself.

I haven't posted in a while (since August), but I've been a member since 2008.

I'm a long-distance (randonneur/audax) cyclist, recovering from serious injury. I live in British Columbia, Canada. I run the cycling site/blog VeloWeb.ca.

All the best of the season, cycle chatterers. Cheers!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Hope you are well on the mend, and welcome back.

OP
OP
Randochap

Randochap

Senior hunter
Hi @skudupnorth. I lived in Manchester briefly, way back before The Flood.

Audaxing, or randonneuring as we call it, is a great game. You have plenty of events to choose from in the UK. Any dream of Paris-Brest-Paris?

Cycling in Canada is, well, big and varied as the landscape. I'm particularly fond of the far north. Southern Canada, where most of the population lives, is busier.

Outside the major centres, Vancouver Island--where I live--is beautiful. Lot's of country roads reminiscent of rural UK. There's lots of photos on VeloWeb of cycling in British Columbia, which arguably has the most varied geography of all. I've had visits from several CycleChatters.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I'm sticking to my limit on the Audax front which is 200k,i did the Cotswold Classic 212k this year on my fixed gear which raised a few eyebrows ! Plan to do some more on the same steed with a smattering of hilly ones on the Hybrid.
Canada sounds fun and as you say there is lots of it to play in ! Are the Canadian drivers the same as UK ones and wish us off the road or is it more friendly ?

Top Bottom