Re waterproofing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Graham O

If the waterproof coating/membrane has been damaged or abraded, no repair is possible. The outer fabric, and perhaps the inner blue/grey scrim offer no waterproofness at all and will let the water through. The best you can hope for is a wash in or spray on reproofer, which will slow the rate of water getting through the fabrics. However, the back of the knee is subject to a lot of wear and flexing in cycling, so any reproofing would only last a matter of a few miles.

The only possible good news is that reproofing the front of the trouses may encourage the rain to run off the thighs more easily, so not much may get to the back of the knees. However, this is probably just optimistic thinking.

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
GO - The only damage I can find is to the inside membrane of the trowsers, I might try fixing this with duct tape.

RR - I don't think me wearing shorts would go down OK in the office. The only place I could changed them is in the toilet :rolleyes: and I would have to get in/ get up earlier to enjoy that privelege.

Top Bottom