Really Looking forward to tomorrow.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisuren

Tomorrow I will be riding (Weather Dependant) my first "Long" ride on my new(ish) Raleigh Boston Bike on what is known as the "Plymouth Circular Route"

The Route

I live pretty much under the words "St. Judes" so it should work out at around 10 miles. Which many proper cyclists class as a warm up, (I was reading on another forum that someone warms up for 25 miles, and warms down for around 40 :o).) But I see it as a start.

Mainly I use my bike to get to work, and to run errands. ;)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It soon builds up though Chris - enjoy it!

What your doing is good don't listen to most of the things you read. The thing to do is to pick a time that you think you can to a 10mile ride in and then try and push the time down. If you are trying to warm up try and ride for 250yds as you do ride then push it for 250yds then back down to riding as you do.

Don't forget that you need to rest and eat well.

OP
OP
chrisuren

chrisuren

Yeah, If you click on the actual link showing the route, it says the time it takes to complete is 1 hour. So tomorrow I'll leave at about 10 and aim to be home for around 12:30.

;)

OP
OP
chrisuren

chrisuren

Did the ride today, and Was quite pleased, until I fell off in the Bus Lane :biggrin: (Foot came off the pedal and the bike went skywards, and I went crashing down to earth, with the full weight of the bike landing on my chest) really hurt my arm and legs, But was more worried about on-coming buses, taxis and other traffic. Got up and sat on the bench for around 20 minutes just getting myself together.

Did the ride in 1 hour 5 minutes ;)

chrisuren said:
Foot came off the pedal and the bike went skywards, and I went crashing down to earth, with the full weight of the bike landing on my chest) really hurt my arm and legs

Hope you're ok now......we've all done it.!

chrisuren said:
Did the ride in 1 hour 5 minutes ;)

I'm not quick, and my commute is early morning, 9 miles, which I do in about 35 minutes..(45 on the first go!!!)...keep at this, enjoy it, and you'll be spinning merrily along before you know it!:biggrin:

Top Bottom