Rear Rack for 20" wheels?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
My Dahon has a fairly basic rear rack on it, which doesn't really work with my panniers: in order not to get heel strike I've had to move the clips right to one end of the runner on thr bag so they clip right at the far end of the rack, but that means that the anti-sway clips don't reach the rack at all, and also means they don't now fit on the other bike.

I'm looking for a rear rack option that will ideally allow me to use my panniers without moving the clips so I can use them on either rack-equipped bike without having to get a screwdriver out to move the clips - I'm not a fan of an adjustable rack in theory, but I suppose one option is to get 2 of a rack that would fit either bike (the other is 26" wheel) The Tern Cargo Rack looks nice, but I'm not sure if it would work well on 26" wheels. I'd certainly need straight 'arms' for it to get it to mount at the seat-post area. Also, 2 of them would be £100-ish, so ideally I'm looking for something cheaper. I'm not traveling the world, I'm pottering around town with shopping or going for half day rides with a camera, sandwiches and a flask, so it doesn't need to be military grade!

Any suggestions or recommendations much appreciated. Ta.

Top Bottom