rear view mirror on moustache bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blazingsaddles

Can anybody please advise on a rear view mirror that is compatible with Moustache bars?

I can't put it on the bar ends as I've bar end shifters.

Thanks,
bs

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hmm. The only think I can think of, offhand is the bike eye and it's not ideal - at least, not if you have panniers or a saddle bag - they do make that point to be fair. I tested one for a while and found it hard to make sense of the image quickly enough, plus you have to look down more than on a bar mirror.

I have seen great cludgey mirrors in the pound shop that just bolt on to the bars with a clamp - you could perhaps modify the clamp to fit over bartape or whatever you use...?

Do you wear a helmet, or glasses - you can get mirrors that attach to these. If you don't wear glasses normally, you could wear cycling glasses just to hold the mirror....

OP
OP
blazingsaddles

blazingsaddles

No afraid I dont wear a helmet and just sunglasses when its sunny. I reckon the bike eye prob is not for me. Thanks for reply though. Its quite a difficult one really with the moustache bars.

There are some I think that'll do on ebay or perhaps a bush and muller but mail ordering is a bit hit and miss as to whether it'll fit ok.

I'll post my conclusion eventually I hope.

bs

Arch

Married to Night Train
blazingsaddles said:
No afraid I dont wear a helmet and just sunglasses when its sunny. I reckon the bike eye prob is not for me. Thanks for reply though. Its quite a difficult one really with the moustache bars.

There are some I think that'll do on ebay or perhaps a bush and muller but mail ordering is a bit hit and miss as to whether it'll fit ok.

I'll post my conclusion eventually I hope.

bs

You can, of course get cycling 'sun'glasses with interchangeable lenses, with clear ones for dull days (in order to protect against grit/flies etc)...

Yeah, the bike eye was a long shot, I wouldn't recommmend it for anyone with luggage, it's a roadie thing really.

Busch and Muller make a mirror called the "Cycle Star" that fits on either a plug into the bar end, or a band around th ebars.

It then comes with a series of "necks" that allow you to tailor the mirror to your needs.

Once in position they are reasonably steady and provide a reasonable view behind you

mirror.jpg

OP
OP
blazingsaddles

blazingsaddles

rich p said:
I just look behind me. Do you need a mirror?

Perhaps not, but I hate getting caught out by cars when I'm taking up road position for a right hand turn. I thought one may help but I've not used one on a bicycle before.

OP
OP
blazingsaddles

blazingsaddles

Cunobelin said:
Busch and Muller make a mirror called the "Cycle Star" that fits on either a plug into the bar end, or a band around th ebars.

It then comes with a series of "necks" that allow you to tailor the mirror to your needs.

Once in position they are reasonably steady and provide a reasonable view behind you

mirror.jpg

Yes thanks. I'll be getting a bush and muller. Not sure which model yet though.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I've just been trying a mirror but found the road vibration made it very difficult to use. That bush and muller one has an even longer neck on it than mine so I suspect could be even worse.

Top Bottom