Rear wheel for Touring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there,

I am looking to replace my rear wheel on the 'Yellow bike' ( MTB hack with road tyres) and need something strongish as I seem to have a lot of things to carry to and from work in my panniers.

As usual, I am on a budget, but don't want to waste money on an unbranded wheel with a 7 speed multi freewheel.

I was thinking of fitting a 7 speed cassette to a 8 speed hub so I can keep the friction shifters and make it as un-attractive to theives as possible, whilst maintaining a high level of strength and relaibility.

All suggestion gratefully recieved

Regards BAC

OP
OP
B

Bornagaincyclist

As the felt flew off the shed roof (******) I ended up getting a Halfords (Quando hub with Weinmam rim) wheel and 7 speed bits. Put it together and it all works well (Sram 850 chain), but I have yet to see how long for.
Staff were very helpful and committed in the branch that I visited and one member of staff was bustin his nuts trying to put a famous name's cycle together, that he checked prior to giving to a customer, only to find that it had been supplied without front or rear disc pads.

It's nice to know that some people are still willing to go the extra mile for their customers.

Regards BAC

Top Bottom