Rear wheel stiff in Kickr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maherees

Über Member
Hi all,
just got a Wahoo Kickr and it seems when I mount the bike and tighten the wheel it is very stiff on the device, so stiff i cannot pedal. If I loosen it, quite beyond the tension I would have it on the bike normally then only then does it feel free in the turbo trainer - is that normal?
I am using the correct 142 through axel.
thanks

BurningLegs

Veteran
Do you mean stuff on the roller at the bottom or within the clamp?

Sorry for pointing out the obvious, but both are adjustable. You’ll need to get the clamp right as a one off, and you’ll need to wind the roller onto the wheel at least every time you put the bike on the turbo but it’s recommended to do it every ride so you don’t leave the roller pressing on the tyre.

It sounds like you’re talking about the roller being tight to the point of tough to pedal? Wahoo say that you should back the roller off to fit the bike, then wind the roller in until it just touches. At that point complete two full turns of the winder and calibrate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maherees

Maherees

Über Member
Thanks for replying.
My bike used a thru axel so when I mount it and then push the axel and then tighten, even the slightest, 'bite' means I cannot turn the pedals at all. I have to get off and really listen it.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Hmm, sorry I don’t have experience of thru axles. I’ve used wahoo support a couple of times though and they’ve always been great.

If you don’t get any answers here I’d get in touch with wahoo and ask them 🙂

OP
OP
Maherees

Maherees

Über Member
I have seen that video, thanks. But this differs from my expected set-up in that a skew is used - I used the one from my own bike.
I am using a Kickr. But I I think I see the issue, I do seem to be missing the adapter 'C' which, according to the manual has to go in the casette side.

Top Bottom