Rebuild

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Just finished rebuilding my 17 year old rigid mtb, complete strip down and regrease. Respayed orange using rattle cans, 1 coat of primer, 3coats of paint and 1 of laquer.

New Shimano V brakes new Clarkes break levers, new front wheel. Bar ends added.

I dont know if the bike was worth the approx £150 I spent on it but the enjoyment I got from doing it was.

TBH the finish was not as good as I hoped but it was a learning curve and I will make a beter job next time, I hope.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Don't think about what you spent in terms of what the bike's worth.... that £150 was money well spent in learning all the little tricks and skills, not to mention the sense of achievement in rebuilding it. Pics or didn't happen!^_^

tyred

Legendary Member
Restoration projects usually end up costing more than the market value but that's not the point. You learn something, have a great hobby, have something built to your own specification and you know it's done properly when you do it yourself.

Try telling someone who's spent 10 years rebuilding an E-Type Jag that he should have bought a new Nissan Quasqai instead.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Okay, maybe the bike wouldn't sell for the £150 you spent on it, but as you say you got a lot of enjoyment out of it and you've ended up with the bike you want rather than the one some marketing guy says you should have for that price.

Top Bottom