Rechargeable batteries and charger.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I've searched through 50 odd threads about batteries but can't seam to find it.

Someone posted a link to an awesome looking charging unit which charged 4x aa batteries and aaa. Each battery unit had a small screen that displayed various information such as how much charge it had left etc... Anyone know what it was?

Also looking for some recommendations on rechargeable batteries, i currently have some Mignon 2400mAh batteries which have done me and my digital camera great over the years, but i'm looking at getting a hope Vision 1 and i understand a minimum of 2700mAh is required for getting good power from it. Any recommendations on manufacturers or charge level is welcome :sad:

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Thats the one! what is it called?

Bman

Guru
I must admit that looks good. I was thinking of buying the Duracell recharger. It has LED indicators and automatically stops charging when the batteries are full. Nothing like the LCD beast above! :sad:

Currently I just use a simple charger with a timer plug. It's killed one or two batteries in the last year.

nigelb

The best cells I've found to date are Eneloop. Not the highest capacity but rock solid. Only been using them a couple of months (recharges3-4 times a week) but predictable and reliable, unlike a lot of the other tat about.

Nige

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The eneloops highest charge is 2000mAh. not sure if that is enough for my needs.

Does anyone know the current drawn from battery by the Hope Vision 1?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
gaz said:
The eneloops highest charge is 2000mAh. not sure if that is enough for my needs.

Does anyone know the current drawn from battery by the Hope Vision 1?

No but 2000mAh will work fine. I have 2100 maplins in.

nigelb

As the cells become higher capacity, the materials inside become thinner, and the whole cell is thus much more sensitive to electrical abuse (and is likely not to last as long).

People on another forum say GP2100mAh cells and hasn't run out yet on them (2 hour runs).

Nige

JsfWitney

I bought the Technoline charger and some technoline 2700 batteries from there. It's a very clever charger and the batteries give me well over 3 hours full beam on the Hope vision 1. I'm very impressed with both.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
This one?-

bl-700-out.jpg

I've had one for about 12 months now and it is as good as they say. Surprisingly well made as well for a brand I've never heard of.

For batteries I've just become an Eneloop convert. 7dayshop does them cheap.

I have one of those, they are great... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• bl-700-out.jpg
    bl-700-out.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 23
Top Bottom