Recommend a Bluetooth keyboard for android tab

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have recently got a new android tab with a mobile sim slot.
Works better than my old one and am thinking that on tour sometimes I could leave the small Chromebook behind and just use this.
But I like a decent keyboard.
Can anyone recommend a good tough Bluetooth keyboard with decent travel on the keys?
Tab is 8 inch

si_c

Guru
Hmm. Probably overkill but I really like the Logitech MX Keys - it comes in a mini version without the keypad which would be perfect, but it's not cheap.

That being said decent keyboards aren't cheap.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Hmm. Probably overkill but I really like the Logitech MX Keys - it comes in a mini version without the keypad which would be perfect, but it's not cheap.

That being said decent keyboards aren't cheap.
How big are thosekeyboards?
Bear in mind that this is to pair with an 8 inch tab.
And my favourite Chromebook (which does have a decent keyboard) is only a bit over 11 inch

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have a nice little BT keyboard which I don't use. I could help you out if you can wait until you are next in the area (I'm not sure that I could be bothered to find a box for it and post it to you.)... If you PM me next time you are up I could arrange to meet up with you and bring it with me to donate - free, gratis, and... for nothing!

I'll go and get it from upstairs and measure it...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bear in mind that this is to pair with an 8 inch tab.
And my favourite Chromebook (which does have a decent keyboard) is only a bit over 11 inch
Ah, sorry, it is bigger than I remembered - 11" long x 5" wide, so not really much use for downsizing!

The Logitech mini keyboard is slightly larger than mine (11.7 " x 5.1").

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
As @ColinJ says above those mini keyboards are about 12" by 5" so bigger than the tablet, but you're not going to get a usable keyboard much smaller than that unfortunately.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
As @ColinJ says above those mini keyboards are about 12" by 5" so bigger than the tablet, but you're not going to get a usable keyboard much smaller than that unfortunately.
am surprised - tech seems to have gone backwards - my old Psions were significantly smaller than that tab and had decent keyboards on them - I often wrote press releases on them sat on a train.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
You could look for an 8" tablet case with keyboard ?
good point though would like to keep the two separate - only some of the time would I want to carry a keyboard around. Also some cases aren't as rufty tufty as the dependable old Tesco-bought one I use.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
good point though would like to keep the two separate - only some of the time would I want to carry a keyboard around. Also some cases aren't as rufty tufty as the dependable old Tesco-bought one I use.
Does mean, both fold up together if needed. And it can crt of be used as a mini laptop. I've a Linx 10" tablet that has a keyboard.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not one of those, but the one that came with the Tablet. You could get a free standing mini keyboard - we've got a Maplin one we used with an ipad, and it's now used for my arcade machine (to link to the mini Windows PC inside it).

OP
OP
Blue Hills
many thanks for your help fossy - seems to get good reviews but if the "package size" refers to the keyboard and not a box it comes in it looks a bit big (sideways).
Was hoping for something no wider than the 8 inch tab's case.

Top Bottom