Recommend me a coffee bean

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Booyaa

Veteran
I don't like Pact too much, although they have started roasting themselves so apparently they are slightly better but not much of a step above costa etc...
I would recommend the following two:
www.ravecoffee.co.uk
www.hasbean.co.uk

The Italian Job blend from Rave is excellent at a great price point.

The stale beans you get from supermarkets etc are so far removed from properly roasted and fresh beans you will hardly believe it is classed as coffee.

pclay

Veteran
I'm trying to convince Mr R that we have room in the scullery for a coffee roaster...
You can roast coffee beans in a Popcorn machine, apparently.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I too found Jamaican Blue Mountain overrated. It was too bland and wishy-washy for my tastes.

That was exactly my impression of it.
I don't like a strong, bitter coffee, but the Blue mountain was more reminiscent of an instant than anything.
I assumed it was just my unsophisticated palette that didn't get on with the taste, but whatever the reason, I certainly wouldn't waste my money on it again!

I don't like Pact too much, although they have started roasting themselves so apparently they are slightly better but not much of a step above costa etc...
I would recommend the following two:
www.ravecoffee.co.uk
www.hasbean.co.uk

The Italian Job blend from Rave is excellent at a great price point.

The stale beans you get from supermarkets etc are so far removed from properly roasted and fresh beans you will hardly believe it is classed as coffee.
Forget to mention Rave, I've used them a couple of times myself. The Italian Job is very good.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
You can't beat freshly roasted provided you find something that meets your taste. You really need a local shop that lets you buy small sample packs that you can work through.

If you're stuck with supermarket stuff then Tesco finest Columbian beans are good and Waitrose have a good range. However, our current fave is this:

http://www.douwe-egberts.co.uk/products/beans/morning-americano-beans/
http://www.douwe-egberts.co.uk/products/beans/morning-americano-beans/
Presumably a blend but it is a very good one. The label says that the beans are energetic but I've yet to catch them jogging round the kitchen worktops.

Top Bottom