Recommend me a decent D Lock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamin100

Guru
As per title really. My bike only cost £175 (boardman hybrid comp 2010) but i still dont want some scrote steeling it. I dont want to spend a fortune on a lock but then again dont want something that will take someone seconds to break into.

Id need to be able to click the lock onto the frame when not in use so weight and a good bracket are my main points...

I've been reading reviews on wiggle and alot of the suggest that mounting them on the frame often doesnt work...

BSRU

A Human Being
Abus granite 54-x.

Maz

Guru
I think mine's the Abus Granite or something. Good locks. 40quid-ish?
It got a 'silver' rating in Abu's own 'gold-silver-bronze' rating thingy, which was basically a 'how long for a scrote to get the lock off' rating.

As per title really. My bike only cost £175 (boardman hybrid comp 2010) but i still dont want some scrote steeling it. I dont want to spend a fortune on a lock but then again dont want something that will take someone seconds to break into.

Id need to be able to click the lock onto the frame when not in use so weight and a good bracket are my main points...

I've been reading reviews on wiggle and alot of the suggest that mounting them on the frame often doesnt work...

I think the general rule of thumb is to spend about 10% of the bikes value on locks, so you could pick up a decent kryptonite for 25 quid or so. Oh and that's a good price for a Boardman by the way :thumbsup:

Top Bottom