Recommend me a tyre please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickTB

Veteran
Hi all,

I’m after some recommendations please. I have a CAADX and currently run 700 x 32 Gatorskins as my riding is predominantly road With a bit of gravel and tracks. However I’m now looking toward late summer/early autumn and would like tyres that can handle a bit more off-road and wet weather without too much compromise on the road. My main riding will still be road, but I’m looking for something a bit gripper. Ideally in 700 x 32 but open to suggestions. I did consider spare wheels with Tyres ready to swap, but it seems that’s an expensive solution!

Thanks,
Nick

vickster

Legendary Member
Conti 4 seasons if for road although I don’t know why Gatorskins won’t do the job on roads?
Or a gravel tyre like a Panaracer but you’ll be compromised on roads
Don’t forget proper full length mudguards for wet mucky conditions

OP
OP
NickTB

NickTB

Veteran
Conti 4 seasons if for road although I don’t know why Gatorskins won’t do the job on roads?
Or a gravel tyre like a Panaracer but you’ll be compromised on roads
Don’t forget proper full length mudguards for wet mucky conditions
Sorry, I meant I’m perfectly happy with the Gatorskins on the road, but there’s zero grip off-road. I guess I’m looking for a good tread pattern that doesn’t send vibrations up my arms and body whilst on the road but will work well off it

OP
OP
NickTB

NickTB

Veteran
Same price as Planet X then at £21 (=£4 P&P) at the moment with code "sizzling30"
I’ve gone with these. At that price it’s a no brainer for a trial imo

lejogger

Guru
I’ve just taken the plunge on some Panaracer Gravel king (not the sk) in a 700 x 32. To go on the ‘winter/tourer/commuter/pootling on tracks with the missus’ bike.
Only had a couple of rides but very impressed. Not suitable for mega off-road. But also not much penalty on tarmac. Bugger to get on the rim though.

Top Bottom