Recommend me a .......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
I have to admit I am totally bamboozled by the number of cycling computers that are in the marketplace at the moment, so I would like to call on your collective recommendations as to which one to purchase:

I would like the following functionality:

Wireless
Able to mount on the handlebar stem
Simple to operate
Reasonable purchase cost <=£30
Easy to read screen

Thanks

Andy

jay clock

Massive member
Not sure about price but I have a Cateye Strada Wireless- the major benefit is that rather than pushing a tiny button, the whole thing can be pushed down. Lots of features and easy to read

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I now have a cateye strada wireless. It is the 4th computer I've had and the only one that functions 100% (now).

Advantages of the strada:-
Small
dist 1 and dist 2.
Decent cateye mount (the other I've had were crap)
Works
Batteries are easier to service than v other 3 models of speedos I've had

Disadvantages
funny buttons on the back when you take it off (WTF is that about?).
Not many modes. Very simple.

I like sigma computers.

But I've not used one in yonks.

Randochap

Senior hunter
I've owned and sold many computers and the only ones that work consistently well are Cateye. The last shop I worked at sold nothing but. No returns at all. I have one Cateye that is 16 years old and still works just fine -- use it on the trainer bike.

The Strada Wireless seems good, but I personally prefer wired units and especially ones with heavy duty cable, such as the Enduro 8. Have had one of those for 3 years now.

Dave5N

Über Member
Randochap said:
I've owned and sold many computers and the only ones that work consistently well are Cateye. The last shop I worked at sold nothing but. No returns at all. I have one Cateye that is 16 years old and still works just fine -- use it on the trainer bike.

The Strada Wireless seems good, but I personally prefer wired units and especially ones with heavy duty cable, such as the Enduro 8. Have had one of those for 3 years now.

Category error.

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
Many thanks for helping me out with this I am grateful. I found a Cateye Strada Wireless for £30 on the interweb so I have ordered it up this morning. The advice on the Decathlon is backed up by BikeRadar so I will be looking at acquiring one of those in the spring for my son's training steed.

Will1985

Über Member
Sigmas are good with very clear displays - I find that the slightly larger buttons are easier to use than the Cateye Strada and you can cycle to the correct display quicker.

andyfromotley

cateye seven .... dont think the do it anymore but its wireless faultless and easy to operate. buy whatever the equivelent is and ask the bike shop nicely and they will fit it which is pain of a job.

Top Bottom