Recommend me an Ink Tank Printer

Which of these printers should I get?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I suppose a lot depends upon your set up.
If the G1520 doesn't work with both of your laptops, I would be inclined to discount it unless you decide to have a dedicated printer solely for your Sony laptop. But then if that printer falls over, you could be back to square 1.
Alternatively, if there is existing or easy to implement connectivity between your laptops, this may not be a big issue.

Gunk

Guru
We have an Epsom ET-2650 ecotank printer. Had it a couple of years now, it’s used heavily and ink is about £14 a year off eBay.

brilliant investment

IMG_1219.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
This Laser printer is well within your budget, and a fair;y similar size to the larger epson above
https://www.printerland.co.uk/product/canon-i-sensys-lbp631cw/151778

Or you might be better stretching the budget a little and going for this Xerox, with much lower running costs
https://www.printerland.co.uk/product/xerox-c310-box-opened-/151254

Both are tempting spec-wise, but sadly far too big for my computer peripheries storage and at 15 and 21kg respectively, much too heavy to move around. I don't have dedicated office space in the house, so have to be realistic.

I think that alone kiboshes the idea of getting a colour laser.

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I suppose a lot depends upon your set up.
If the G1520 doesn't work with both of your laptops, I would be inclined to discount it unless you decide to have a dedicated printer solely for your Sony laptop. But then if that printer falls over, you could be back to square 1.
Alternatively, if there is existing or easy to implement connectivity between your laptops, this may not be a big issue.

The fact that the Epsons are compatible with both OS is precisely what makes them an attractive proposition, even though the Canon Pixma range gets good reviews. I think at this price point, things are much of a muchness anyway, and will be at least on par, or, most likely better than the 20-something-year-old printer it will be replacing.

Top Bottom