Recommend me some... Baggies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheSandwichMonster

Junior Senior
...As in shorts, not West Brom fans ;)

I've just made a whoopsie. My finger slipped over the "commit now" button of this years C2W scheme and I've accidentally obtained myself a new 29er to go with the road bike. There's a lovely route to work I can use when I don't feel like doing the full 23 miles: I can train part way and come in along the canal.

Anyway, I digress. I'm after some short recommendations please. I have an old pair of Humvees from my older MTBing days, but they come to mid-calf, and they're a bit of a pain when I've got pads on. I'd like something a bit shorter for the commute (and sunnier days). Not looking to spend the earth, but happy to pay a bit more for decent quality.

Edited to add: I'd prefer something with some colour/pattern to them, other than the usual black. However, not a fan of all the camo patterns that I'm seeing when searching about. Also, would prefer something with belt loops, as I tend to get a size up from normal and then use a belt to tighten.

Cheers in advance!

Cubist

Still wavin'
I like my Humvees, but they're the shorter length ones. The two tone khaki and grey ones are a great colour. Good inner short with a good pad, but the pockets swing it for me.

OP
OP
TheSandwichMonster

TheSandwichMonster

Junior Senior
You know, I never realised until yesterday that Humvees come in more than one length... I've got the 3/4 length ones, which I love, but they foul my pads when I'm wearing them, and I'd also like something a touch shorter now that the sun is showing itself (famous last words!).

I don't really need anything with a liner... Being a roadie as well, I tend to wear a pair of bibs under the baggies. I dunno why, I was just taken with the idea of getting some colour in my life too, but I suppose I can be flexible on that front.

Top Bottom