Recommend me some brake blocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My SRAM Rival brakes are due for some new blocks, as the notches have all but gone.

Would like to just get some replacement blocks, and I assume any Shimano compatible blocks will fit in the shoes?

They are currently black SwissStop blocks.

D

Deleted member 1258

A set of Kool Stop Continental Salmons, I have these on the front of both my Pearson and my Kilmeston. My Kilmeston is fitted with SRAM Rival.

http://www.simpsoncy...top_continental

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Every one is raving about Salmon Koolstops though what are they like for wearing your rims out as Im going through rims a lot ?

D

Deleted member 1258

Every one is raving about Salmon Koolstops though what are they like for wearing your rims out as Im going through rims a lot ?

Its not a problem I have, the front wheel on my Pearson is about 2 years old and has some wear in the rim but is OK, my Kilmeston is only a year old and is fine. I normally find I get 7 or 8 years before rim wear is a problem, by then the wheel tends to be a bit worn generally and is best replaced.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Its not a problem I have, the front wheel on my Pearson is about 2 years old and has some wear in the rim but is OK, my Kilmeston is only a year old and is fine. I normally find I get 7 or 8 years before rim wear is a problem, by then the wheel tends to be a bit worn generally and is best replaced.

Thanks I'll give em a try :-D

potsy

Rambler
Ordered some Kool Stops from Wiggle. Cheers!

I use those and have done for the last 12 months or so, I'm on the 2nd set and they are so much better in the wet than the Tiagra/105 ones that they replaced.
I thought they would wear out very quickly but I'm pleased to get 3000 miles out of a pair.

Ordered mine from SPa cycles for £6 a pair, great price but they do charge for postage so works out cheaper if you buy 3 or 4 like I did. Have now got spare pads for the next 2 years :thumbsup:

Top Bottom