Recommend me some tyres.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking to replace my contintal GP 4000 road tyres. They are 700x23. These tyres are quite worn and the rear one has a hole right through it, although the inner tube is still intact. What tyres would you recommend an why?

Also why is it when ever im typing text when posting here it is extremely slow?

What are you wanting out of the tyre performance or p'ture resistance. FWIW, I find Mitch Pro 4 Endurance (previously Kyrlion Carbons) offer a good middle ground myself and comparatively don't break the bank. They're even more economical when you consider their wear I got over 6000 miles from the old rear before it was binned and the front which became the rear got much more.

400bhp

Guru
What are you wanting out of the tyre performance or p'ture resistance. FWIW, I find Mitch Pro 4 Endurance (previously Kyrlion Carbons) offer a good middle ground myself and comparatively don't break the bank. They're even more economical when you consider their wear I got over 6000 miles from the old rear before it was binned and the front which became the rear got much more.

They are £20 in Wiggle at the mo. Is that good?

I used to say similar Conti's are good for p'tures but I had a quie few of their new tyres fail prematurely (all at the side walls) and come to the conclusion they are a bit weak there; which encouraged me to try different Mitchellin (namely Pro 4 Endurance) and they are cheaper and perform better on the p'ture/ wear fronts and are comparable on the rolling.

OP
OP
U

User16625

Looks like Mich pro 4s it is then. I am looking for a middle ground of puncture resistance and rolling resistance.

Don't forget to put grip in the equation....see my thread below!

PpPete

Legendary Member
Tried the Pro 4 Endurance, but I don't find them as long lasting as the old Krylion.
Still using one on the front, but the rear was squaring off much too quickly and then suffering visitations.
Trying the Durano (the regular one, not the Plus or the S) on the back now and so far, so good...... that guarantees a puncture next ride then

Top Bottom