Recommend some good PC FPS games

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's it really.

My lad is into Sims, so Euro Truck, Sim City, Cities in Motion etc etc.

Me I used to like FPS with Half life2 being one of my favourites and American McGee's Alice.

I see there is a new Alice out, but my wife would say it sent me a bit bonkers playing it.

I fancy Crysis 3 and it's only £14.99 for the digital delux download with Crysis 2 thrown in.

Don't want to be spending £60 on Titanfall

AndyRM

XOXO
Mostly old school so cheap as free, and though the graphics might not stand out these are all still awesome, with various iterations to enjoy!

Doom
Quake
Deus Ex
Heretic
Hexen
Requiem: Avenging Angel
Unreal
No one Lives Forever
Soldier of Fortune
System Shock
Medal of Honour Allied Assault
Rainbow Six
Painkiller
Serious Sam
Cyclones
Bioshock
Marathon
Half Life

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Unreal 1 (i.e. the original) is definitely a classic, with heaps of stages in it, so it takes quite a while to get to the end, and the graphics are pretty impressive :smile:. I still re-play it occasionally. Doom 3 is good, too, but might be a bit too graphic for a younger kid: I think it has an 15+ age rating?

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
That's it really.

My lad is into Sims, so Euro Truck, Sim City, Cities in Motion etc etc.

Me I used to like FPS with Half life2 being one of my favourites and American McGee's Alice.

I see there is a new Alice out, but my wife would say it sent me a bit bonkers playing it.

I fancy Crysis 3 and it's only £14.99 for the digital delux download with Crysis 2 thrown in.

Don't want to be spending £60 on Titanfall

Used to love FPS on pc and playstations, until I tried fallout 3. :hyper:

Give it a try, should be able to pick it up cheap. It's not true fps, has a big ol RPG element in it, but be prepared to kiss goodbye to your work/love/social life.

I've logged 350 playing hours so far.

Nihal

Veteran
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon series are good for covert-ops fps types(HAWX 1,2 are good fighter simulation games)
Crysis was just a load of checkpoints and shooting,i got bored of it.
IGI 2 is the toughest FPS game i've ever played,but its very old.

pplpilot

Guru
MAME. Enough said.

Top Bottom