Recommend some good value chainring bolts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glover Fan

Hi all,

Whilst cleaning the bike today I have discovered that a chainring bolt has fallen out. The Chainset is a FSA Gossamer and has done 2000 miles with no messing with the bolts at all. Not much play in the chainset rings so I am hoping that not much damage has been caused.

Anyway, are there any recommended brands or particular bolt sets that are recommended? I am going to replace all five in the process as I have lost confidence in the bolts already installed. I would prefer the bolts in either black or silver. :becool:

Cheers,

Zoiders

Cycle jumble for proper steel ones.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Ive got some stamped Omega ones getting on for 15 years old that still look like new. If they still do em I don't know ?

Stamped Stronglight ones would be a good buy I guess.

Fast_Mark

Back when I was into bike pimping my bike SRP bolts were the ones to go for. Plus a dab of threadlock and a proper chainring spanner for the female side.

Zoiders

Interesting, what are the benefits of steel bolts?
Old fashioned steel Campag chain ring bolts not only take the usual chain tab tool but the flange on the back of the socket cap is knurled so you get a pipe grip on them, you can really welly them up, no threadlock needed.

The other option is more pimpy designs that take two allen keys as both the cap bolt and socket have a hex fitting.

Top Bottom