Recommendations for Winter Tights and why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scouserinlondon

Karrimor from sports direct cos they're £11 a pair so cheeep.

Young Un

I have a pair of Campagnolo Roubaix fabric ones which perfrom excellently - in fact last night I was far too hot because they come up and cover the kidneys - perfect for the winter weater, not so much in this inbetweeny weather - but it was certainly bearable and certainly better than being cold. They also feature stirrups meaning they dont ride up over the ride:smile:

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Will1985 said:

Its a very long story, but in short I am sick and tired of Endura's wierd sizing??

Example, 9and this is only my most recent) how can you buy two pairs of Thermolite 09 Bib tights, both the same size, but one pair fit well while the other pair are loose!

So you get one pair exchanged for the next size down, (?) only to find that there is a machining defect on the seam, so they have to be returned. :thumbsup:

But that is only part of the long running saga with me and Endura stuff.

Furthermore and you've started me off now, I bought a new pair of the Strike "waterproof" gloves two weeks ago. I used then once in the rain and my hands would have remained drier if I would have had gloves made of tissue paper.

Flamin' useless pile of crap..........:biggrin:

Sorry, rant over. :sad:

C

chillyuk

scouserinlondon said:

I will second that!!

I bought two pairs because they are so cheap and fit this fat guy a treat.
They are not padded so I wear them over a pair of shorts.

gavintc

Guru
Rapha are selling off their winter tights and the discounted price is merely expensive not outrageous. I bought a pair, and so far am very impressed.

Tharg2007

Veteran
gavintc said:
Rapha are selling off their winter tights and the discounted price is merely expensive not outrageous. I bought a pair, and so far am very impressed.
I wish you hadnt said that, you made me go on their site and see they had "fixed" t-shirts, I'm so annoyed now!!:biggrin:

AlanW said:
Furthermore and you've started me off now, I bought a new pair of the Strike "waterproof" gloves two weeks ago. I used then once in the rain and my hands would have remained drier if I would have had gloves made of tissue paper.

Wrote a long post about Endura stuff this afternoon and lost it all just as the server went offline ... anyway, agree with 'Strike' opinion - sent a new pair back this week - soaked up water like a sponge which went straight thro the membrane and a wrist strap split open as I opened it - stitching missing, just double sided tape! That said, I have loads of other Endura stuff and its all v good. Tried 2 pairs of dhb bib 3/4 - first pair arrived with a split crotch, second pair split a leg seam as I put them on - and there's no way they would have fitted me anyway - I'm 6' and 14 st - ordered XXL - the straps were about 6 inches shorter than my Endura's.

sheva

scouserinlondon said:
bought some of these this morning, along with two karrimor LS running tops. Went out on a ride this aft and got to say these are fantastic for the money. Off to get some more tomorrow.

sheva

chillyuk said:
I will second that!!

I bought two pairs because they are so cheap and fit this fat guy a treat.
They are not padded so I wear them over a pair of shorts.
Mine are padded, cost me an extra quid though.

Top Bottom