Recommended spare equipment.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
better be safe the sorry I suppose for some people.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I used to carry 2 tubes, belts & braces & all that, but think how many punctures you've had in last 6 months?
I now carry just the 1 spare tube as its normally easier to replace than fix at roadside, but carry some scabs incase 1 tube isn't enough :thumbsup:

vickster

Legendary Member
I have punctured front and rear before by running over a lump of brick, so would be a good idea

I have never repaired a tube and doubt I ever will though (I seem to end up with monster holes, not some little nick)

OP
OP
Trevor_P

Trevor_P

Luckily for me, since taking up riding in April, the PF hasn't paid me a single visit. Repairing a tube is something I have done many times, thirty plus years ago. It wouldn't worry me too much having to repair one or two in the rain, though I doubt it would be in the dark, as I tend to ride in daylight. I'd be more worried about nicking a new tube with tyre levers at the roadside TBH.

vickster

Legendary Member
I didn't have a puncture for a couple of years, just seem to have bad luck with hitting big things on and off. Hard to avoid sometimes in traffic!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
So when your friend has his third puncture of the day you can magnanamously offer him a tube, and still have a spare.

OP
OP
Trevor_P

Trevor_P

So when your friend has his third puncture of the day you can magnanamously offer him a tube, and still have a spare.
That's assuming I have a friend. :crazy:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Sometime punctures come in sets, especially if you leave a flint in the tyre. I've used both tubes on a 12 mile commute before.

Drago

Legendary Member
On my commuter I use slime tubes - heavy, but never yet failed completely - so I carry one spare.

Everywhere else it's one spare and some self adhesive patches. Not forgetting the rope , condoms, and crocodile repellent.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I needed two tubes the other week, used the first one going to work and the second one on a dinner time ride, I don't carry a repair kit though.

Top Bottom