Recorder with mirror function?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeeW

Does anyone know if one can buy a recorder where you can flip the image so I can mount the recorder up front and the camera to the rear so I can use it for rear view?
Alternately if there are no reasonably priced recorders with such a function, any idea if it would be possible to mount a bullet camera vertically looking at a small mirror at 45 degrees to get an flipped image?
Thanks.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
LeeW said:
Does anyone know if one can buy a recorder where you can flip the image so I can mount the recorder up front and the camera to the rear so I can use it for rear view?
Alternately if there are no reasonably priced recorders with such a function, any idea if it would be possible to mount a bullet camera vertically looking at a small mirror at 45 degrees to get an flipped image?
Thanks.

Perhaps look at car parking cameras?

You could use a wired cam system like an HQ2 with a recorder, but it seems over kill for a rear view mirror...perhaps fit a cycling mirror on the fork and angle it?

OP
OP
LeeW

LeeW

I'd like to be able to use the camera as a regular helmet camera for recording my rides as well.
I was looking at buying an Archos recorder and a dogcam bullet camera. I then realised I'd like to be able to use the camera/recorder as a rear view system when racing. A cycling mirror on the fork would foul my legs and would be useless due to the fairing.
I will send dogcam an email and see if they can offer any advise.

Top Bottom