Recumbent Photo Thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A couple from PBP.

The second picture is of a guy that passed me playing some rather motivational Bach [I think]; his tail-box has several small speakers fitted to the sides, like a proper speaker cabinet. It was fortunate that I caught him "resting" later for a good photo-op.

IMG_20230822_075341893_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230822_160457665.jpg

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I bring you not one, but two images, of not one, but two recumbent bicycles - my Streetmachine and Jamie's Challenge Seiran, while touring in Cyprus back in the spring.

IMG_8093.jpg

IMG_8173 2.jpg

a.twiddler

Veteran
The redoubtable Linear in front of bridge 70 on the Montgomery canal a week or so ago.

1693412860556.jpeg

This was the final bit of the jigsaw that I started a couple of years ago when I rode the Abermule to Newtown stretch of the towpath on the Linear as part of a trip to Wales. In between I rode most of the intervening stretch on a Brompton last year. I just wanted to ride the final bit to Frankton Junction on the Llangollen Canal for the sake of completeness. The towpath between Welshpool and Newtown is pretty good and rideable on just about anything. The rest is pretty variable. Of course the Linear doesn't know that recumbents aren't supposed to be able to do this sort of thing but as long as I don't tell it, it sort of copes with towpath bashing unless it's really gnarly and overgrown. The towpath behind me wasn't too bad, and had a gravelly surface, but once through the bridge where the towpath turns sharp left it became rather jungly before reaching Frankton Locks where it improved again.
Altogether, It felt quite good to have joined the dots after starting two years ago.

a.twiddler

Veteran
The Linear on the southern part of the Montgomery Canal near Abermule suitably loaded for the trip a couple of years ago. Well, overloaded as it turned out, but It's just so easy to pile too much stuff on.

1693415340141.jpeg

The canal disappears into a culvert behind that fence and reappears the other side of the A483 maybe 25 yards ahead of the bike. The fence protects a SSSI. When the road builders improved the A483 they had a whale of a time flattening bridges and making life difficult for future restorers of the waterway.

andyb1

My Linear Limo, sold a couple of years ago.
I added the tube for the top run of the chain (earlier linears had an alloy guard), changed the Q/R steering rod ends to proper aviation rose joints and had a few bits anodised that were bare alloy. I found that loose rat traps worked well on the pedals. I think I did about 2000 miles on it but still remember when the steel bead of a new rear tyre failed after only a few miles and locked the rear wheel solid while going down a hill…….
One big advantage was that I never felt that it would be stolen. OK, I never left it in the centre of a town, but compared with a normal upright no one was ever going to jump on it and ride off.

Attachments

• 7C7AF90F-4AF8-4CC2-AA2E-AF997B7F01C2.jpeg
    7C7AF90F-4AF8-4CC2-AA2E-AF997B7F01C2.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom