Recumbent rider - was it you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On our way to Nottingham last Sunday (taking daughter back to uni), we had the good fortune to spot a recumbent coming down the hill by the Savoy cinema in Nottingham (Derby Road?). Hardly ever see them in Derby where we live. It was about 11.20am and the recumbent was one of the hand-cranked type. Lovely machine!

That's one steep hill, and I imagine a handful whichever direction you are tackling it in.

Chapeau! :biggrin:

fards

beanzontoast said:
On our way to Nottingham last Sunday (taking daughter back to uni), we had the good fortune to spot a recumbent coming down the hill by the Savoy cinema in Nottingham (Derby Road?). Hardly ever see them in Derby where we live. It was about 11.20am and the recumbent was one of the hand-cranked type. Lovely machine!

That's one steep hill, and I imagine a handful whichever direction you are tackling it in.

Chapeau! :smile:

not me but i'll be riding across to there this saturday on one of mine (sno permitting) dunno where the savoy is, but derby road sounds like the route I'm doing..
you should keep an eye open for rob hague, he commutes on one of his greenspeed recumbent trikes (he and carol are the uk importers) into Derby.

Oh btw from your description it was a handcycle, which although bizarrrely is a recumbent, is UCI appproved (olympic sport and all) so isn't a recumbent as they aren't UCI approved. :ohmy:

Top Bottom