Recumbents make it to the big screen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'll have to watch that when I'm at home and out of range of the godawful IS we have here which refuses to play Youtube most of the time!
If you ever get to see a film called Brainstorm from 1983 starring Christopher Walken and Natalie Wood (her last film sadly), you'll see him riding a LWB under-seat steering recumbent.

bikepete

Guru
Someone on the Velo Vision forum saw the whole film, and said the trikes had been crashed into by a car in an earlier scene, hence the wheel wobble etc.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
On their German website HP Velotechnik has a piece on the making of of the film: http://www.hpvelotechnik.com/produkte/scorpion/pressespiegel/13semester_d.html

In deed they used Scorpions. Interestingly both founders of the company,
Paul Hollants and Daniel Pulvermüller played a small role in the film:
Hollants was a trike rider who talks vor 10 seconds, Puvlermüller rode as Stuntdouble for one of the actors (who apparently wasn´t able to ride a Scorpion?!?)

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
redfalo said:
one of the actors (who apparently wasn´t able to ride a Scorpion?!?)

How the hell can an able bodied actor not be able to ride a trike? I say bring back the casting couch. If they can't stay seated on an average sized sofa for more than 10 seconds without falling off, they don't get the role.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Think I should buy a copy of this film to improve my knowledge of German cycling vocabulary?

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
arallsopp said:
How the hell can an able bodied actor not be able to ride a trike? I say bring back the casting couch. If they can't stay seated on an average sized sofa for more than 10 seconds without falling off, they don't get the role.

:biggrin:

Top Bottom