Redshift sports shockstopper stem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete.H

I'm 67 yrs old fairly fit but six months ago i began getting really painfull shoulders. Dr and then physio told me most likely cause was my cycling. I only ride on road about 50 miles a week riding every other day. I was eating Ibuprofen every day because there was no way i was stopping cycling!
Then i came across the Redshift sports site and so i took a punt. They are not cheap but its transformed my riding. I purchased the stem only which is adjustable to the rider weight. It really made a difference to me so having made a full recovery i just wanted to share.
P.S i am nothing to do with the company at all.
https://redshiftsports.com/products/shockstop-suspension-stem

iluvmybike

Über Member
Hope they are better tahn the old Girvin Flexstem fro yonks ago - they snapped after a few thousand miles due to metal fatigue from the constant flexing!!

All uphill

Still rolling along
I'm 67 yrs old fairly fit but six months ago i began getting really painfull shoulders. Dr and then physio told me most likely cause was my cycling. I only ride on road about 50 miles a week riding every other day. I was eating Ibuprofen every day because there was no way i was stopping cycling!
Then i came across the Redshift sports site and so i took a punt. They are not cheap but its transformed my riding. I purchased the stem only which is adjustable to the rider weight. It really made a difference to me so having made a full recovery i just wanted to share.
P.S i am nothing to do with the company at all.
https://redshiftsports.com/products/shockstop-suspension-stem

I'm glad it works for you.

I wonder if a well fitting bike together with relaxed shoulders and large tyres might be a better solution?

Ridgeback Roller

Über Member
I've had a Redshift stem on my SPA steel audax for over 3 years and love it. It's only when I ride one of my other bikes that I'm reminded how good it is at taking the sting out of the local rough chipped roads. I found the original elastamers had compressed after a couple of years requiring them to be changed.

OP
OP
Pete.H

Pete.H

Was so impressed with the redshift did my Boardman HYB too which had a one-piece stem and bars. Had to buy new handlebar as well but now rides fab!

Attachments

• IMG_20230830_104945.jpg
    IMG_20230830_104945.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230830_121922.jpg
    IMG_20230830_121922.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom