Rehoming a dog - Newcastle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Does anyone have experience of Rehoming a 6 year old dog? Due to a change of work schedules we are finding it more and more difficult to give our Patterdale any time and walks are getting shorter and less frequent.

I'm in early stages of thinking about Rehoming but I really don't want to send him to one of the Rehoming centres at the risk of him not been Rehomed for ages. I've asked family and friends but they have their own jobs and pets.

It's getting quite stressful now as he just looks at you craving attention

Levo-Lon

Guru
That's a shame..good luck..
post some pics up as people respond to doggie pics..
try kennels and vets ..posters etc..you get more pet friendly potential people that way..

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I had to rehome my Jack Russell Terrier for similar reasons. She went to a friend of a friend of someone I knew online. Turned out to be the best decision for both us, as upsetting as it was at the time for me.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Like @meta lon says the vet may know someone who's looking for a dog. Lots of people want to take on an older dog so they don't have the problems of house-training. I chatted with one dog owner recently and he'd got his Labrador through a vet.

Perhaps a dog charity would know of people looking for rescues. There's one locally that looks after dogs when people are ill, have to go to hospital or similar. I can't remember the name though.

0lonerider

Veteran
Brysons animal sanctuary mabe worth given a call for advice or maybe leave pooches details in case someone calls in looking for a smaller dog

jefmcg

Guru
Why not try a dog walker, there's loads local
This. Friends of mine regularly use doggy day care, and the dogs love it. Down side is whenever the younger one goes for walks on the beach with her, he keeps joining other dogs cause that's what he's used to.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have a pal in N Yorks is into Patterdale's just.dropped her a line to see if she's got any thoughts on breed groups that could help or might be up for a new addition herself.

I was thinking that there might be a Patterdale breeders rehoming society.

Top Bottom