relaxed club near ascot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aqaleigh

hi

i am looking to gain more experience and longer distance rides

all the clubs i can find seem to be very stuffy

can anyone recommend a relaxed club where i can just enjoy riding and having a good social life near ascot - berkshire?:biggrin:

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
..I can thelp being from Essex but I am having the same problem...the local club is a racer boys paradise..wall to wall carbon anf TT's...the CTC is somewhat..erm...'nerdy anorak meats bearded train spotter IT geek:biggrin:...I just dont fit into either...

Ravenz

aqaleigh said:
hi

i am looking to gain more experience and longer distance rides

all the clubs i can find seem to be very stuffy

can anyone recommend a relaxed club where i can just enjoy riding and having a good social life near ascot - berkshire?:becool:

if all else fails... start your own club of one! :smile:

OP
OP
aqaleigh

aqaleigh

BigonaBianchi said:
..I can thelp being from Essex but I am having the same problem...the local club is a racer boys paradise..wall to wall carbon anf TT's...the CTC is somewhat..erm...'nerdy anorak meats bearded train spotter IT geek:biggrin:...I just dont fit into either...

yeah - exactly my problem - we need to start a social riders club where people of any level can just get together, have a ride and then a beer or coffee or whatever they choose.

all I want is to go out every now and then do a few miles and have a laugh - you think that would not be difficicult wouldn't you

good luck finding a club in essex or maybe we should start a revoltution in the cycle world ourseleves:evil:

gavintc

Guru
In your post, you have summed up the problem with cycling clubs perfectly. Supporting the social or developing rider is not a strong element in most road clubs. You need to check out a few clubs. My last club VC Beverley was founded in 2004 to solve this very problem in East Yorkshire. Good luck.

aqaleigh - read the London report above if you haven't already. It seems to be about the same ethos as you are describing with BoaB - only a question of doing it under the CycleChat banner it seems...
I ride around Ascot, Windsor Eton, Richmond, Chobham, Camberley, Bracknell Forest etc - anywhere really, not too seriously, but when I have the time. It is always nice to amble along and pass the time of day with peeps now and again. Equally, it is a lovely way to 'collect one's thoughts'...

OP
OP
aqaleigh

aqaleigh

Aperitif said:
aqaleigh - read the London report above if you haven't already. It seems to be about the same ethos as you are describing with BoaB - only a question of doing it under the CycleChat banner it seems...
I ride around Ascot, Windsor Eton, Richmond, Chobham, Camberley, Bracknell Forest etc - anywhere really, not too seriously, but when I have the time. It is always nice to amble along and pass the time of day with peeps now and again. Equally, it is a lovely way to 'collect one's thoughts'...

hi and thanks for the reply

i ride these areas fairly regular and enjoy the surroundings but i am just looking for a bit more of a social ride every now and then and to be pushed that bit further

I have read the read the report and it looks great - i will be going along soon

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
BigonaBianchi said:
BOAB, have you tried the Chelmer Cycling Club, I gather they're pretty good and very open to all. I'm thinking of going on one of their gateau rides, although the 45 minute drive to get to Chelmsford slightly puts me off.

Top Bottom