Reliable Trainer that do the work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdcadillac

** I already asked this quesiton within a big thread but get lost in other responses to the original thread and would like to follow the answers in this thread **

I am looking for a trainer model that I can track power and speed (to monitor improvement) I don't want to spend a lot that is why I need a feedback on model which is reliable and can do the job but not expensive:smile: I mostly will go with Zwift as is it the most popular but any other platform suggested are welcome. I am more looking to use it to build endurance and increase power while not riding alone as I use to do with spinning bike :smile:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
There are two basic types of Trainer. Wheel on and Wheel off/Direct Drive.

What you need is a Smart trainer

Wheel on trainers tend to be cheaper. They are also, IME, noisier.

Wheel off/Direct Drive tend to be more able and quieter.

Tacx, elite, bkool etc all make good versions of both.

You need to work out what one will suit you best.

If, like me, you are on the larger size you'll need a trainer that can simulate higher gradients (many work out their max gradients based on a 70kg rider iirc). A trainer with a lower gradient may top out at an even lower gradient when heavier weights are taken into account (my bkool claimed 12 or 15% iirc but maxed out at about 8% for me at my weight) you do not want this DAMHIK.

You can get a wheel on smart trainer from about £250 and a wheel off/DD from about £500.

Read this page

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/10...commendations-guide-winter-2019-2020.html/amp

I know it's not giving you a specific model but the field is too varied to do that without a little explaination about them.

Top Bottom