Replacement Campagnolo Veloce Brake SHoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulavin

Regular
HI ALL FELLOW CYCLISTS,MY BRAKE SHOES NEED REPLACING ON MY CAMPAG VELOCE ,I'VE PRICED UP GENUINE CAMPAG ONES AND THEY COME IN AT A JAW DROPPING £26 ISH,[THIS SEEMS A BIT EXCESSIVE]HAS ANY BODY PURCHASED ANY OTHER CHEAPER VERSIONS?,AND IF SO HOW DO THEY PERFORM?,IS IT COST EFFECTIVE?,THANKS FOR ANY FEEDBACK-KIND REGARDS-PAULAVIN.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Please remember to switch your caps lock off next time, it's like shouting....

Anyway, Probikekit used to do a replacement set of pads & shoes that (unlike Veloce ones) let you just change the pads in future, just like every other brake setup...they don't have the set I bought any more, but they might well have something similar.

yello

I have Koolstop replacement pads in my brakes and can recommend them. Something like these from Wiggle are probably what you want, depending on the age and model of your brakes but do check. Just because you have a veloce chainset (for example) don't assume the brakes will be veloce too (been there, done that!!)

StuAff

I have Koolstop replacement pads in my brakes and can recommend them. Something like these from Wiggle are probably what you want, depending on the age and model of your brakes but do check. Just because you have a veloce chainset (for example) don't assume the brakes will be veloce too (been there, done that!!)

Problem with those, Yello, is that as standard (and on the Campag replacements) Veloce pads & shoes are one piece (as to why they don't use the same shoes as the rest of their range, pass). So those won't work.

yello

Did you read the caveats I wrote! Clearly, I don't know exactly which brakes the OP has! He may want just pads, I dunno! :rolleyes: ;)

StuAff

Did you read the caveats I wrote! Clearly, I don't know exactly which brakes the OP has! He may want just pads, I dunno! :rolleyes: ;)

Yes, all I meant was that (assuming for a moment the OP has checked and does actually have Veloce brakes) then those pads would not work. He might be lucky and have higher-end Campag brakes or compatibles, in which case the Koolstops are the kind of thing he's looking for. You made a good point, I certainly didn't want to cause any offence.

yello

I certainly didn't want to cause any offence.

None taken.

Tbh, I thought all Veloce brakes had separate shoes and pads, rather than one piece, so thought replacement pads were an option.

StuAff

None taken.

Tbh, I thought all Veloce brakes had separate shoes and pads, rather than one piece, so thought replacement pads were an option.

It should be the case, I'm not certain but Campag might finally have seen sense for the latest spec Veloce, manuals don't mention any different pad requirement. Older versions (and Xenon & Mirage) have the stupid one piece shoe/pad, hence preprosterously priced replacement parts, or getting some new shoes so you have the same options as everyone else.

Top Bottom