Replacement stem bolts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Lost one of the bolts from a stem I fitted a couple of days ago. Replaced it with one from the stem I changed. No problem I thought I'll just get on line and buy another one .......
I need an M6 X 18mm bolt with a tapered head, and washer the same diameter as the head. I cannot find stainless ones anywhere online, only titanium. Thousands if not millions of these bolts and washers have been used on stems world wide. Why can't you buy them? Anyone got a lead?

gbb

Legendary Member
If you only fitted it the other day it's possible the threads are stripped in the stem. Before progressing I'd take another bolt out and try it in there...just in case.

Re-read it...I assume it was a new stem you fitted ,if so...forget my musings :okay:

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Yes new stem, lost before fitting. Stainless or high tensile - I don't know. It is one of the stem/steerer bolts 5NM torque speciofied. A standard hex socket M6 x 18mm A2 stainless bolt fits happily, but washers are (apparently) unobtainable. Titanium bolts/washers are easily found online, but none of the stems I've seen come with titanium as standard, so where are the steel ones?

Top Bottom