replacements for lost kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BearPear

Veteran
My husband has lost/mis-placed (1) a Trek cycle computer, cost £70 and also a Cateye rechargable front light, cost £75.

We have located spare parts for his other computer, a Sigma, so he can use one gadget on 2 bikes, but the light cannot be found anywhere, although we have the charger.

Can anyone tell me if the lights are ever sold on their own - I have looked around the internet but all the suppliers provide the whole kit, not individual components.

I have also looked on the internet for a method to train husbands how not to loose their stuff, so far to no avail!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A sharp rap across the knuckles with a stick usually does the trick.. ;)

BearPear said:
I have also looked on the internet for a method to train husbands how not to loose their stuff, so far to no avail!

OP
OP
BearPear

BearPear

Veteran
I've been beating him for years, it's obviously not working. I swear he should have all his posessions stapled to his body, barely a day goes by when I don't hear the cry "have you seen my...?"
At least he hasn't lost his bikes...yet.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Us husbands do have the right to say "Have you seen my...?" Due to the fact that you lovely wives do seem to move things when we are not looking :biggrin: Not due to the fact that we can't admit to misplacing said item's ourselves

As to your original inquiry. I can't imagine Cateye selling their lights without the other bits, though they do sell the other bits on their own. It maybe worth contacting Cateye direct

BearPear said:
I've been beating him for years, it's obviously not working. I swear he should have all his posessions stapled to his body, barely a day goes by when I don't hear the cry "have you seen my...?"
At least he hasn't lost his bikes...yet.

OP
OP
BearPear

BearPear

Veteran
ooh, found one on ebay, the lady is getting rid of hers. I have made an offer before the end of the auction, not sure if that's allowed or not, but what the heck!

Hubby reports a lost iPod to add to the lost bike kit. I repeat, staple all items to body!

Top Bottom