Report the busdriver or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

atomboy

On Monday I had a strange situation: A 'professional' bus driver undertook me by right at the red traffic lamp, it was very close. And the more stranger: Not only me, but the driver wanted to turn left. So, he made me a nice left hook...

There is the video:

What is your opinion? Should I report the drivers at his company?
His fails I noticed, and I would like to write for the company:
- close pass
- undertaking
- RLJ?
-?

I hope, the transport company will helpful, and they will warn the bus driver.

BSRU

A Human Being
If it had happened to me I would report it, I know my local bus company take reports very seriously.

Ste T.

Guru
If it is anything like our local company drivers he will have been stacking coins and faffing with his ticket machine while he slowed for the lights, and probably didnt even see you.

sabian92

Über Member
If it is anything like our local company drivers he will have been stacking coins and faffing with his ticket machine while he slowed for the lights, and probably didnt even see you.

All drivers do that to be honest. Really dangerous.

why were you not in the cycle lane?
435810-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Red-Haired-Boy-Holding-A-Can-Of-Worms.jpg

OP
OP
atomboy

atomboy

Thanks for your opinions, the driver was reported. I will update, if I get any answer.

Because there a table allows me to ride on the road. And you can watch, there are many pedestrians on that.
BTW we call it "cycle path", not "cycle lane". The difference: cycle lanes are on the roads, cycle paths are on pavements.

jim55

Guru
btw ,this was not a serious question ,its a standing joke in the uk
Thanks for your opinions, the driver was reported. I will update, if I get any answer.

Because there a table allows me to ride on the road. And you can watch, there are many pedestrians on that.
BTW we call it "cycle path", not "cycle lane". The difference: cycle lanes are on the roads, cycle paths are on pavements.

After studying the clip with care I notice that the vehicles tend to be on the incorrect (right) side of the road. In the matter of choosing a side of the road on which to drive, right is invariable wrong, whilst left is right. Here, we favour the left, which is right.

Further, close examination of the vehicles involved suggests that the driving is being done by the front-seat passengers. This too is wrong. The driver (seated on the right, as is right) should drive. For the passenger to do the driving whilst seated on the left is not right. It is wrong. Left in this case is not right.

Having presented my findings to a panel, I am advised that this incident took place in foreign climes. If you will insist on bicycling abroad, you will find that chaos is never farther away than its distance from you at any given time. This may be measured in metres or similar, as they do not favour the mile over there.

The Road Tax argument (mentioned above) will get nobody anywhere, as they often use a different system of indirect taxation in foreign climes and anyway rarely understand English as well as we do. They are given to speaking in tongues quite unknown to civilisation, like French, Spanish, Hungarian or Geordie. Shouting, speaking slowly and the use of expressive hand signals appear to help not at all.

Foreign is OK for holidays, but I wouldn't ride a bicycle over there. I hope I have helped.

Top Bottom