Research Study - University of Kent; Training optimisation - Free VO2max tests and training plans!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RacingCog

Hi all! I am a completing a PhD looking at optimising training for endurance cycling performance at the University of Kent.

I'm looking for research participants for my current study; there will be hard training sessions, VO2max tests, as well as training plans and chocolate coffee beans to say thank you!

This study is an investigation into the acute response to various self-paced training sessions. The main participant criteria we are looking for is;

• male cyclists aged 18 – 55
  • training/riding for at least 3 years
  • completing at least 1 high intensity session per week
  • ideally have competitive experience, but this is not essential
To summarize the study requirements; you will be required to attend the laboratories on ten full occasions, one visit being for a maximal incremental exercise test (V̇O2max), and nine visits comprising of 9 individual training sessions. The study duration can run from 5 to 15 weeks in total, depending on availability, but has a usual participation of an average of 2 visits per week. All of your sessions will ideally be completed within the same 3-hour period of the day. Each training session will involve approximately 60 minutes of riding in a visit lasting around 2.5-3hrs in total, and you will also be required to visit the laboratory 24 hours following each visit for no longer than 30 minutes.

Click the following link to download the full Participant Information Sheet: Training Optimisation Study – Participant Information Sheet

Testing can start anytime, so if you would like to take part then please get in touch! Repeat testing can be arranged after participation, so if you want some lab tests completed throughout this year and into next then this could be a good option for you!

Many thanks,

Ciaran O'Grady
IMG_3940.JPG

Top Bottom