Response

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
As I was strapping the brake lever down the train manager shouted "QUICKLY! " As I exited the bike ghetto I asked him " Is that the way you speak to all your customers." His response was " Well you are holding the train up!"

This was FGWs response...

hank you for your further email of 18 December 2011, and for providing the additional details. I was very concerned to learn of the manner in which you were spoken to when boarding with your bicycle at Bridgend on 30 November; and which originally prompted you to contact us. First Great Western are absolutely committed to delivering excellent customer service, and I'm genuinely sorry that your experience didn't reflect this.

We expect everyone representing our company to be polite and courteous at all times, and failures to do so are taken very seriously. We appreciate that a day-to-day reality of rail travel is that sometimes difficult situations will arise - such as disruptions and delays in boarding etc. However, this doesn't mean we still can't explain things in a friendly and professional way. There's simply no excuse for rudeness from any of our staff.

All complaints of this nature are taken very seriously, and your comments will be forwarded to the Head of Train Crew, for further investigation. As I am sure you can appreciate we have a duty of care to both our customer's and our colleagues so a full investigation will take place before any action can be taken.

We will request a statement from the Train Manager, asking for his version of events, and based on our findings the line manager will make a recommendation. If further action is deemed necessary this could range from additional training through to dismissal. For reasons of confidentiality we do not make any details of our internal investigations, or of actions taken public and therefore I can't advise you of the outcome, but you have my assurance that we will take any necessary measures to prevent this from happening again. We'll be able to remind the staff member concerned that whilst difficult situations arise from time-to-time, there's still a polite and customer-focused way of dealing with them.

Thank you again for letting us know what happened. I really do hope that future journeys with us will be trouble-free.

swampyseifer

dont think i've ever heard a good word said about FGW!

Top Bottom