Result?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Wife just rang me to say that the second car we have been maintaining (purely for weekend & emergency purposes) has been ran into by a truck and damaged big time. It was parked outside our house. Saves me the effort of selling it I suppose, which I was going to do this year. :evil: As cars go it had been very reliable and only had 62k on the clock despite being about a hundred years old.

C'est la vie.

I'm now told it wasn't a truck but a stolen car which has also damaged other cars down the street. The stolen car is currently sitting in my front garden. Which is nice.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
ChrisKH said:
The stolen car is currently sitting in my front garden.

Possession being nine-tenths of the law, you're now a three-car family?

Mortiroloboy

ChrisKH said:
Wife just rang me to say that the second car we have been maintaining (purely for weekend & emergency purposes) has been ran into by a truck and damaged big time. It was parked outside our house. Saves me the effort of selling it I suppose, which I was going to do this year. :becool: As cars go it had been very reliable and only had 62k on the clock despite being about a hundred years old.

C'est la vie.

I'm now told it wasn't a truck but a stolen car which has also damaged other cars down the street. The stolen car is currently sitting in my front garden. Which is nice.

Essex innit!? :evil:

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
User259iroloboy said:
Essex innit!? :evil:

Indeed. I wouldn't mind, but my car has already been stolen once and I didn't even get any insurance proceeds as it was found abandoned in Walthamstow.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Stolen car crashes often only pay out on your own insurance so it is worth checking as it could affect your insurance record.

A friend had his Land Rover smashed by a stolen Merc and the insurance companies wouldn't pay as the Merc owner had reported it stolen before the crash and so the Merc insurance wouldn't cover it. His own insurance was only 3rd party and so it didn't cover the damage either. He had to pay out a couple thou for his own repairs and couldn't get them done until after the Police finished investigations.

On the subject of 'stolen car crashes' -how about this one.
Two weeks ago I had cause to use the train to return from work during the day. I passed the garage I rent from the council - it's about three minutes walk from the house - and saw this parking attempt.

28svt3l.jpg

Funniest thing - I asked two ladies opposite the garages when the 'unplanned parking' had occured and they said it had been like that for eight days...the whole block is wrecked.
No communication from the council in this time.
Called the relevant dept. at Hounslow council the next day and they knew nothing! "Oh - thanks for telling us - we'll get onto the "authorities".
I'm reassured that the lines of communication are strong...
Good thing is that my Falcon was in there and about three weeks ago I relocated it to the house.:smile: Bad thing is that any tools bric-a brac and timber will have been sifted by the local toe rags - of which there are sufficient.;)

14b2mc1.jpg

If only the tosser had tried to park a little prettily eh?

Willow

someone near me got his foot stuck on accelerator and reversed into his next door neighbours house causing substantial damage which resulted in them having to move out for 3 months while house was repaired!

Mortiroloboy

ChrisKH said:
Indeed. I wouldn't mind, but my car has already been stolen once and I didn't even get any insurance proceeds as it was found abandoned in Walthamstow.

Must have been ages before anyone noticed that then. ;)

Top Bottom