Result!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The coach company clearly has a very positive policy to resolving complaints. Even if a police officer is the victim I would suggest had a complaint been made to police it would be likely that no further action would be taken due to lack of corroboration, "your word against his" and so on. Perhaps for some driving incidents involving professional drivers a direct approach to the company is more effective and certainly quicker to get favourable resolution.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
.....and this is why complaining isn't the preserve of the disgruntled and the obsessive. It's a good deed. That's one coach driver who'll think twice before cutting up another cyclist. Mr. V, you have performed a public service

PBancroft

By sending out standard letter to complainants. It only takes 5 seconds and everyones happy.

How would you want them to respond? To demonstrate that it isn't a standard letter by providing you with a copy of any previous communications? Invite you in to sit on the interview panel as the driver is disciplined? To provide you with a can of petrol, matches, and address of the driver's house?

Or maybe just the driver's head in a box?
tongue.gif

The company responded in a timely fashion - Vike hasn't provided the details as to whether it sounds like a cut and paste job, but I trust his judgement if he says it was a good response.

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
The company responded in a timely fashion - Vike hasn't provided the details as to whether it sounds like a cut and paste job,

The letter wasn't standard cut n paste. The letter included information on their own investigation, including a paragraph where the driver has stted he did not cross the central white line when overtaking....which kind of dropped himself in it. The manager has stated that if he didn't cross the white line to overtake then the driver did not leave me anywhere enough room. So it was a good response.

Top Bottom