Retro Goodness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

just jim

I've just put new Nitto drops on the tourer, along with a pair of down tube levers and a second hand Carradice Longflap. I must be going somewhere - 1956?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I put a Brooks saddle on my bike, and people in the cycle club think im going back in time!

Velorum

Who needs a Tardis?

A 1976 Dawes Flambeau will do nicely.....

DSC05199.jpg

Attachments

• DSC05199.jpg
    DSC05199.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 43

Velorum

just jim said:
Mmmm. A single down tube lever - elegant, understated, nimble.

Thank you kind sir. Its not going to break any records with its heavy frame and 27" tyres but its great to ride.

samid

Veteran
Here's my tourer:
P8130131s.jpg

Nitto stem (and seatpost), Brooks, barends, Nelson longflap, and a steel lugged frame (even though a modern one).
I have thought about replacing barends with downtube shifters, but am not sure about that yet - sometimes, when you're tired and have a heavy load, it is nice to be able to shift without having to take the hand off the bars. Velorum - have you found this not to be a problem?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Velorum said:
Who needs a Tardis?

A 1976 Dawes Flambeau will do nicely.....

DSC05199.jpg

Lovely:thumbsup:
I got given a sprint carrier today. Just one, the person couldnt find the other one, but apparently it was used to take wheels to alot of races.

Oh how i would love an old bike.............

Attachments

• DSC05199.jpg
    DSC05199.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 23

Velorum

samid said:
I have thought about replacing barends with downtube shifters, but am not sure about that yet - sometimes, when you're tired and have a heavy load, it is nice to be able to shift without having to take the hand off the bars. Velorum - have you found this not to be a problem?

Ive never tried any other kind of shifter so cant really make a comparison - Ive never found it a problem. Its just a case of whatever you get used to I suppose!

(Puts on Crocodile Dundee voice)

"Call that retro goodness? Naw, this is retro goodness"

DSCN0340.jpg

My Clubman, built in 1948, and still in daily use. I keep meaning to do it up, but I can't bear to stop riding it!

Attachments

• DSCN0340.jpg
    DSCN0340.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 27
Top Bottom