"Return" spaces/formatting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Shaun. quick one (sorry if its mentioned already I couldnt find it anyplace.

I often type posts in Word, as I dont really wnat my CC browser time clocked to be too high and then just paste the finished article into a message or post...

Now when I do this (not in the clean cut skin but in the Classic) I seem to have massive return spaces...sometimes 3 lines for every return. I can often sort this in the preview, but sometimes the preview show 3-4 line returns when the actual text has none to delete.

Any thoughts.

Ps this post was typed the same way, you can see the result...3 lines for every return. I am wondering if there is such a thing as line spacing that I need to adjust?

Shaun

Founder
The real-time editor inherits Word's formatting (including linefeeds), but also applies its own HTML formatting leading to the visual result of multiple line spaces.

Try using a formatless editor such a Notepad - that should work as expected.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
The real-time editor inherits Word's formatting (including linefeeds), but also applies its own HTML formatting leading to the visual result of multiple line spaces.

Try using a formatless editor such a Notepad - that should work as expected.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

will do, thanks lots.

PS why did this not used to be an issue, is it a quality of the new board or do you think I've mucked up the formatting in Word

Shaun

Founder
No it's the real-time editor used by the new board software.

The developers built their own editor and it has a few little "issues" that lead to iractic behaviour.

In the 3.2 upgrade they have indicated they plan to replace it with an industry standard editor package, so we should all notice a big improvement once this happens.

Cheers,
Shaun

Top Bottom