Review of Dawes Horizon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The bike came in a well secured carboard box although as I had bought the bike as shop soiled (a couple of small scratches on the toptube) I am not certain wether it was the origanal box. It only needed the handlebars setting straight and the pedals fitting and it was ready to go. The only thing that stopped me was that I am not very long legged and I needed to go to the LBS and see if they did a shorter seatpost which they did not so it was out with the hacksaw and lop off about three inches then all was fine.
Took it for a ride this afternoon and it was so smooth and easy. Found changing gear a bit confusing at first but after I had found which was up and which was down on both sides it was easier, the front changer on the left changes up with the brake lever and down with the thumb button and the rear on the right changes up with the thumb button and down with brake lever.
The ride was harder compared to the suspension softness of the hybrid especialy on the chippings that Hampshire County Council call a road surface. If I can think of any thing else to add I will do so later on, but all in all a great bike for budget tourers.

Top Bottom