rhubarb crumbles soon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Location
Northamptonshire
apart from a strange bird in our bird table (see seperate thread) overnight our rhubarb plant pushed its cover pot up a full 2 inches , so looks like we will be having rhubarb crumbles soon .....
 

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I've eaten some yummy crumbles in my time
 
U

User482

Guest
We had our first forced rhubarb a couple of weeks back. It's so tender and has a lovely colour, so it seems a shame to hide it in a crumble. I baked it with some orange zest and honey, then served with good ice cream and ginger snap biscuits. Delicious, and very easy.
 

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Location
S Yorks
Not forced ours, just emptied a bin bag of chicken manure over the crowns last year as it started to die back. Been having crumbles and baked Yorkshire rhubarb for the last few weeks.
 

growingvegetables

Legendary Member
Location
Leeds
Eeeurgh, rhubarb - it's the devil's food. ... Whoever first wondered if human beings could eat such poisonous stuff?
Do you eat potatoes and/or tomatoes?
 
Top Bottom