Ribble stolen in Chalfont St Peter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrij

Über Member
As has been mentioned elsewhere, my bike was stolen after the Little Willy 100. It's been flagged stolen on immobilise.com, the police have all the relevant information, etc. I'd be grateful if you kind people can keep an eye out for it. Details are given below.

I still have my commuter, but that will limit the extent of my audaxing. Special thanks to the gents who rode around the area looking for the bike and driving me up to Amersham station.

It was stolen from outside the Chalfont St. Peter Community Centre on Saturday, 22[sup]nd[/sup] January 2011, between 15:30 and 16:00.

2007 Ribble Winter Audax (blue with white lettering)*
  • Crud RoadRacer Mk2 Mudguard Set (black)
  • Smart 1/2 Watt 3 LED Rear Light x 2, mounter on a...*
  • Madison Summit Rack (black)*
  • dhb black/silver rack bag*
  • B17 Narrow (black)
  • PBK carbon-fibre seatpost*
  • Topeak Tri-Bag with Rain Cover*
  • Mavic Open Pro rims*
  • Continental GP 4 Season tyres*
  • spoke reflectors on front wheel
  • Shimano ultegra dynohub*
  • B&M Cyo*
  • Topeak Bar X-Tender, carrying...*
  • Pro SCIO W-1.6 Computer Wired
  • Knog Boomer
  • home made routesheet holder*
  • black bars/tape/levers*
  • Bontrager Race Lite Cage (blue) x 2*
  • Camelbak Podium 710ml/24oz Water Bottle (clear/blue) x 2
  • Blackburn min-pump, carbon-fibre barrel, mounted on seat tube*
  • Campagnolo components:
  • Mirage brakes*
  • Xenon chainset (52-42-30)*
  • 9spd (12-25)
  • Mirage front dérailleur*
  • Triple Comp rear dérailleur
The items marked with * above are visible on this photograph:
IMG_0029.JPG

Cayopro

Yes, you can still set alerts up with both, I know this as i have had to do it my ALL of mine that were stolen nearly 2 weeks ago..... Good Luck Andrij

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bad luck Andrij! That's one of my nightmare scenarios - getting my bike nicked after an event when I am miles from home.

I can see that you'd got the bike set set up just the way you wanted it. I hope you get it back soon, intact, and that the scrote who stole it gets what is coming to him!

OP
OP
Andrij

Andrij

Über Member
Thanks to everyone for their kind words and offers of bikes.
kiss.gif

The only good news so far is that a number of friends have friends in the area, including people who work in or near the community centre. A description and photo of the bike has been shared around and people are keeping an eye out.

I've also spoken with the local Cash Converter and bike shops asking them get in touch if they see/hear anything. I'll also try the local press/forum route — hopefully I'll have time today. Email alerts have been set up for e-bay and gumtree and I'm also checking BikeShed. Short of spending my time riding around the area looking for the bike I don't think there's much else I can do.

It's never good to have a bike stolen, but I think the only time it could have been worse would have been in the few weeks just before PBP. I would have been upset if it had been stolen soon after I bought the Ribble, but after putting in so much effort to get it just right over the last year or so, this really hurts.

I'm working from home today but still should have gone out on my commuter to get some more miles in, especially as I didn't ride yesterday. TBH, I just couldn't get myself motivated.
sad.gif

OP
OP
Andrij

Andrij

Über Member
Some good news today — my rack bag has been recovered (and returned)!

The scrotes popped my two water bottle into the bag, but kept my tool kit (containing a Leatherman Charge TTi) and an old pair of mitts. Still no sign of the bike.

Top Bottom