Rider does not want to move

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jugsapugs

I have been with BKool for two years now and was excited to see the recent updates. Loving the new 3D routes and like riding to the video routes as well. Got just got plain bored with Zwift. I login, pair the speed and cadence sensors (I don't have a smart bike).

So, I select a route and it asks me to take part in a warm up. With previous versions you could stop pedaling to get going on with the actual ride. Now, when I stop pedaling, nothing happens. I wait until the warm up finished and then my rider is riding, wheels are spinning, but I don't move. I just sit there waiting to go.

I'm not sure if there is a command I am missing. The sensors are paired fine, because if I switch right over to Zwift it works perfectly. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Help.

I have emailed BKool support with screen shots three times and no response.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I have been with BKool for two years now and was excited to see the recent updates. Loving the new 3D routes and like riding to the video routes as well. Got just got plain bored with Zwift. I login, pair the speed and cadence sensors (I don't have a smart bike).

So, I select a route and it asks me to take part in a warm up. With previous versions you could stop pedaling to get going on with the actual ride. Now, when I stop pedaling, nothing happens. I wait until the warm up finished and then my rider is riding, wheels are spinning, but I don't move. I just sit there waiting to go.

I'm not sure if there is a command I am missing. The sensors are paired fine, because if I switch right over to Zwift it works perfectly. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Help.

Lots of people have problems with version 5 of the software, including users of a real Bkool (Pro) trainer. The problems seem to affect at random. Sometimes it is solved by re-pairing the sensors, other times uninstalling the Bkool software and then reinstall.

If none of that work, you have to wait for Bkool to release a newer simulator version. Version 5.03 (timestamp 2019/09/23) is the current beta, but it has had limited effect on the errors AFAIK. But I'm not sure it was supposed to fix them either.

Last edited:

Rod McG

Über Member

I had the same problem. For me it was due to trying to use a power meter. BKool has implemented the inclusion of power meters without ensuring that they work. For me this means that the avatar keeps pedalling slowly, probably due to a low level of noise from the power sensor. This prevents me from starting the ride. Changing back to power from the simulator so far has solved the problem. Hope this continues until they sort the problem. If you don't use a power meter then it must be a different problem for you, good luck!

Tiago Silva

Hello!
Did you find any solution for this? I've got a new bkool pro 2, all sensors are connected, tried on PC and iPad, and the rider doesn't move. Tried to re-install and reconnect erverything and nothing. Also the power meter doesn't show anything, only RPM.
Any suggestion?

Top Bottom