England : Merseyside Rides from St Helens area?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulq

Bike Rider, Beer Drinker, Biscuit Eater.
Hi All

Am too old to race (or I feel it) so am looking for a friendly Club in the St Helens/Warrington area for leisure rides at weekends really. Most of the ones I have researched appear to be of a more sporting nature and whilst I don't mind riding at a pace I don't want to race or be competitive.

Thanks very much for any help.

billy1561

BB wrecker
North Cheshire clarion ride from the swan at winwick every Saturday morning. All relaxed and jovial. Friendly bunch.

Mello

Yes. They have recently split the Sunday Ride up into two groups. Tougher rides go from Town Hall, easier rides go from Windle Island (Rainford Road diagonally adjacent to the garage) both at 9.30 am. Let me know if you need any further information.

iainw

Iain
How tough is tough? I may come along to one on Sunday but my fitness isn't great at the moment, haven't done a 50 mile ride for 2 months and don't want to hold anyone back. Cheers

Mello

The slower ride averages around 15 mph over generally flat terrain. Both rides on a Sunday are between 40 to 55 miles. If you are struggling they will generally slow the pace down. If you are really struggeling then you could always turn back. The chances are that if you tuck in to the group you will be Ok. Its a good way of getting your fitness up. The Saturday ride is faster, average 16 to 18 mph and generally the route goes over a few hills, but normally it is only 35 to 40 miles.

iainw

Iain
Cheers, I will go along to the slower one tomorrow and gauge where im at. Hopefully meet you at one of the rides!

Top Bottom