Ridgeback Flight 04 2016 - Shimano Alfine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JPEdwards

Mod Note, in case of confusion:
this post is a response to this thread, I have moved the post to the mechanics section - Pat

My wife has the same bike, Ridgeback flight 04, but blue.

An excellent bike, the eccentric bottom bracket that's fitted makes adjusting the chain tension very easy. Nice :okay:

Hi Guy,

I've got a Ridgeback Flight04 2016 and I hadn't realised it had an eccentric bottom bracket. I came across your post because I was googling ways to tighten the chain on the Flight04 as I'd just been to the bike shop and the mechanic said the chain is too loose and there's no way to tighten it because it's got vertical drop outs. He mentioned adding a chain tensioner but I'd rather not. Before reading your post I'd never heard of an eccentric bottom bracket, it would've been good to be able to point it out to him :smile:
But I would like to adjust the bottom bracket to tighten the chain but I can't find any guides on the internet on how to go about it. Just wondering if it's an easy thing to explain or if you know if there's some instructions anywhere I could have a look at. My experience level on bike mechanics I would describe as novice. Any advice gratefully received. Cheers, JP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This is a Cannondale eccentric BB but yours will be similar:

View: https://youtu.be/hNrRgz-CyGc

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Thank you for pointing out the error of my ways Guy. Im sure you'll be glad to know I am currently wearing sackcloth and ashes.
And thanks for the follow up post just to ram your point home 🙂

GuyBoden

Guru
Thank you for pointing out the error of my ways Guy. Im sure you'll be glad to know I am currently wearing sackcloth and ashes.
And thanks for the follow up post just to ram your point home 🙂

Not your fault, you did state "This is a Cannondale eccentric BB", so hopefully the poster has not removed the hex bolt. Maybe, I was a bit overly concerned. :okay:

Top Bottom