Riding a bike with a cold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

I'm only riding a bike at the moment for exercise so looking to get the cadency up a bit and climb a few gradients when I go out, but went down with a cold about a week ago. On the back end of it now and want to get back out on the bike.
At what point do you say nope, not a good idea, or now is the time where I can start again ?

Tribanite

Ha ha

"Man The flip UP"

Hotblack Desiato

I'm only riding a bike at the moment for exercise so looking to get the cadency up a bit and climb a few gradients when I go out, but went down with a cold about a week ago. On the back end of it now and want to get back out on the bike.
At what point do you say nope, not a good idea, or now is the time where I can start again ?

Riding a bike with a cold is usually ok IMO. I'm careful if there is a fog as I find it is irritating probably due to pollutants. Also I keep well below max VO2, just trundle along.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
In the clinics, the doctors say excercise is good for a cold - as long as you don't have a high temperature. They just advise patients to listen to their bodies, I.e., cold meds can increase base heart rate, therefore decrease the intensity etc etc

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
If you're not feeling up to it, don't do it :thumbsup:

subaqua

What’s the point
not had a cold thats stopped me yet. if i am too ill to ride , I am too ill to work so don't go in.

regular riding helped in getting rid of a nasty chest infection that had been lingering for months before i satrted cycling the 3 miles to the olympic park. I get an occasional cold that results in a proper dockers oyster occasionally but that might be the remnants of 18 yrs of smoking.

if i was out of breath after a trundle then i wouldn't ride.

Top Bottom