Riding at night in traffic without lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

what is it with these cyclists?? do they have a death wish of something? I just saw this bloke on Billericay high street...nice road bike...NO LIGHTs....wearing black all over...I only just saw him and that was only because the swerving car attracted my attention to him...I just dont get it.

Noodley

he's doing better than those people with lights who nobody seems to see!

Clive Atton

Über Member
I live in a typical suburb and at night probably four out of five cyclists will have no lights and dark clothes. Many seem to regard the road and pavement as the same thing and swerve on and off the pavement at random, regardless of traffic; the sooner these tw@ts are run over the better, perhaps the message will then get across to some of these idiots that roads aren't playgrounds.

domd1979

Veteran
on the way to work yesterday, in the dark, passed a bloke cycling down the main road with a kid in a trailer - no lights, nothing reflective, no nothing.

gbb

Legendary Member
Its very dissapointing...
Last year i was pleasantly surprised how few cyclists without lights there were. In fact, many of the people round here seemed to have very good lights.

This year...:biggrin: town and the roads are littered with cycists without lights...they far outnumber those that have.

LLB

Clive Atton said:
I live in a typical suburb and at night probably four out of five cyclists will have no lights and dark clothes. Many seem to regard the road and pavement as the same thing and swerve on and off the pavement at random, regardless of traffic; the sooner these tw@ts are run over the better, perhaps the message will then get across to some of these idiots that roads aren't playgrounds.

A bit of a quandary really, If the cycling community accepts this as fact, then the calls will follow for tighter legislation, or strict enforcement of existing laws - which then brings calls of victimisation.

Like the calls for compulsory helmets or any other form of regulation, there will be huge resistance as people simply don't like being told what to do.

Top Bottom